Call for Nominations to Serve on the 2021 Board of Directors
Deadline to apply: March 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
ASHG is committed to ensuring that the composition of its leadership reflect the diversity – scientifically and otherwise – of our membership, and believe that a diverse leadership structure provides the variety of perspectives and ideas needed to develop high-quality programs.
The following positions are open to election for 2021:
- President (1 vacancy): The President will serve a one-year term as President-Elect (2021), a one-year term as President (2022), and a one-year term as Past President (2023).
- Directors (2 vacancies): Directors will serve a three-year term from January 2021 through December 2023.
- Early-Career Director (1 vacancy): The early-career director will serve a three-year term from January 2021 through December 2023. Early-career members are defined as genetics professionals who have completed training within the last three years.
- Trainee Director (1 vacancy): The trainee director will serve a three-year term from January 2021 through December 2023. Trainee members are defined as working toward a terminal degree (e.g., MS, MD, PhD), or have received a terminal degree within the last three years.
- Trainee members will be asked to submit contact information for a reference. See the brief recommendation form the reference will be sent.
Only ASHG members in good standing can be nominated or submit nominations. Nominations must include the nominee’s NIH biosketch or curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter. Current Nominating Committee members are not eligible for nomination.
You will be prompted to log into your ASHG Portal account to access the submission form. This is the same login if you have recently joined/renewed as an ASHG member. If you forgot your password, reset your ASHG Portal password. Please note: your username is the email address associated with your membership. Upon login, you will be asked to give the nomination system permission to access your ASHG account information.
After the submission deadline, the Nominating Committee will review all nominations and will determine the final ballot in accordance with the ASHG Bylaws. The Nominating Committee, with support from the Executive Committee, creates a slate of potential Board members that reflects the Society’s value of diversity in its leadership, as defined by scientific background, professional level, race, ethnicity, gender, etc. The Committee also considers other variables of representation, including commitment, involvement with ASHG, and relevant expertise in the human genetics and genomics community.
Elections for the 2021 Board of Directors
The election will be open from June 18, 2020 through July 21, 2020 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time.
Once a slate is composed, an election takes place. Per the ASHG Bylaws, at least two (2) candidates are required to be put forth for each director position and one (1) candidate is required to be presented for the president-elect position. ASHG is working with vendor partner Survey & Ballot Systems (SBS) to administer this year's election. All current ASHG members will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with a secure link to the ballot. If you do not receive your election ballot link by June 19, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
For questions about the ASHG Board nominations and election process, contact Amanda Olsen, Governance & Executive Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.