Call for Applications and Nominations to serve on ASHG Committees
The application closed on March 14, 2021.
ASHG is committed to ensuring that the composition of its committees reflect the diversity of our membership and believe that a diverse leadership structure provides the variety of perspectives and ideas needed to develop high-quality programs.
ASHG strongly encourages applications (self-nominations) in addition to the nomination of colleagues.
Open positions in 2022: (click each link to read descriptions of committee service):
- Awards Committee
- Career Development Committee (trainee positions only)
- Finance & Audit Committee
- Government & Public Advocacy Committee (trainee positions also avail.)
- Nominating Committee
- Public Education & Awareness Committee (trainee positions also avail.)
- Professional Practice & Social Implications Committee
- Program Committee (trainee positions also avail.)
What’s on the application/nomination form?
- You may begin the application form, save and exit, and complete the form any time before the March 10 deadline.
- You will be asked:
- Basic candidate information: institution, professional area of expertise
- Open response questions: your interest in serving; relevant experience
- Open response question(s) specific to the committee for which you are applying
- Copy of curriculum vitae (CV) or NIH biosketch
- Trainee applicants must submit reference details with contact information. See the brief recommendation form the reference will be sent.
- Current ASHG membership (both applicants and nominators)
- Leadership and volunteer experience on boards and committees a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of ASHG’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs
- Follow science, research, and genetics and genomics trends
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
You must log into your ASHG Portal account to access the submission form. This is the same login if you have recently joined/renewed as an ASHG member. If you forgot your password, reset your ASHG Portal password. Upon login, you will be asked to give the nomination system permission to access your ASHG account information.
After the submission deadline, the ASHG Nominating Committee reviews all the nominations with extensive input from committee chairs to finalize committee appointments, which are ultimately approved by the ASHG Executive Committee.
For questions about the ASHG application and nominations process, contact Amanda Olsen, Governance & Executive Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.