Call for Applications and Nominations to Serve on ASHG Committees
For terms beginning January 1, 2024
Applications for committee service in 2024 closed March 21, 2023. Nominees will be notified of their application’s status in late summer.
Candidate Review Process
After the submission deadline, the ASHG Nominating Committee reviews all the nominations with extensive input from committee chairs to finalize committee appointments, which are ultimately approved by the ASHG Executive Committee. Nominees will be notified of their application's status in late summer.
ASHG is committed to ensuring that the composition of its committees reflects the diversity of our membership and believes that a diverse leadership structure provides the variety of perspectives and ideas needed to develop high-quality programs.
ASHG strongly encourages applications (self-nominations) in addition to the nomination of colleagues.
Open positions in 2024: (click each link to read descriptions of committee service):
- Awards Committee (trainee position available)
- Career Development Committee
- Digital Learning Committee (trainee position avail.)
- Government & Public Advocacy Committee (trainee position avail.)
- Investment Committee
- Membership Engagement Committee (2 trainee positions avail.)
- Public Education & Awareness Committee
- Professional Practice & Social Implications Committee
- Program Committee
- The PC seeks individuals with expertise in cancer; complex traits and polygenic disorders; epigenetics; mendelian phenotypes; molecular and cytogenic diagnostics; molecular effects of genetic variation; or prenatal, perinatal, and developmental genetics. For specific needs within these listed specialties, click here.
What’s on the application/nomination form?
- You may begin the application form, save and exit, and complete the form any time before the March deadline.
- You will be asked:
- Basic candidate information: name; email; institution; professional area of expertise
- Open response questions: your interest in serving; relevant experience
- Open response question(s) specific to the committee for which you are applying
- Copy of curriculum vitae (CV) or NIH biosketch
- Trainee applicants must submit reference details [i.e., name, institution, and email] with contact information, including name and email. See the brief recommendation form that the reference will be sent.
- Current ASHG membership (both applicants and nominators)
- Leadership and volunteer experience on boards and committees a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of ASHG’s mission, purpose, goals, policies, programs, services, strengths, and needs
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Please see the description of each committee linked above for committee-specific qualifications
You must log in to your ASHG Portal account to access the submission form. This is the same login if you have recently joined/renewed as an ASHG member. If you forgot your password, reset your ASHG Portal password. Upon login, you will be asked to give the nomination system permission to access your ASHG account information. If you have questions regarding membership or issues logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the ASHG application and nominations process, contact Amanda Fulk, Senior Manager of Executive Operations & Special Projects, at email@example.com.