Call for nominations to serve on an ASHG Committee
Deadline to apply: March 3, 2020 at 11:59 PM Eastern Time.
ASHG is committed to ensuring that the composition of its committees reflect the diversity – scientifically and otherwise – of our membership and believe that a diverse leadership structure provides the variety of perspectives and ideas needed to develop high-quality programs.
Criteria for applying:
- Only current ASHG 2020 members can be nominated. Need to renew? Please click here.
- You must be a current 2020 member to submit a nomination.
- Self-nominations are encouraged.
- Nominations must include the nominee's Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a brief statement about the nominee's qualifications and relevant experience.
- Trainee members must submit reference details with contact information. See the brief recommendation form the reference will be sent.
Thank you for your thoughtful consideration of nominees who are not only accomplished genetics professionals, but also are willing to give their time and effort to promote the Society and its goals among members, policymakers, and the broader genetics community.
Positions are open on the following Committees for 2021 (click each link to read descriptions of committee service):
- Awards Committee
- trainee position available in addition to regular member positions
- Career Development Committee
- Government & Public Advocacy Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Public Education & Awareness Committee
- Professional Practice & Social Implications Committee
- Program Committee
After the submission deadline, the Nominating Committee will review all the nominations with extensive input from committee chairs to finalize 2021 committee appointments, which are ultimately approved by the ASHG Executive Committee.
You will be prompted to log into your ASHG Portal account to access the submission form. This is the same login if you have recently joined/renewed as an ASHG member. If you forgot your password, reset your ASHG Portal password. Please note: your username is the email address associated with your membership. Upon login, you will be asked to give the nomination system permission to access your ASHG account information.
For questions about the ASHG nominations process, contact Amanda Olsen, Governance & Executive Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.